The College has a new Governor! But who is he and why is he a big deal? Let’s take a look:
- Lord Digby Jones (yep, he’s a ‘Lord’ like Lord Alan Sugar from ‘The Apprentice’)
- Business Entrepreneur
► Past experience:
- Director General of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- Minister of State for Trade and Investment
- Presenter of the BBC2 series “The New Troubleshooter”
► He’s from around here…
- Born in Birmingham
- Educated at Bromsgrove School
- Studied Law at University College London
► What’s he’s up to now:
- Chairman of many major companies including Triumph Motorcycles Limited.
- Corporate Adviser / Ambassador to many companies including JCB and Jaguar Cars.
► Why should you care?
- The board of governors’ task is to make sure the College’s management is doing a good job. The more knowledgeable and experienced the governors are the better for the College.
► What you should do now? Ask Lord Digby Jones a question on Twitter! @Digbylj