Want to take a Gap Year in Birmingham working with children and young people in schools?
City Year has built up a reputation for providing Gap Years in London. From September it is expanding to offer Gap Years in Birmingham as well.
City Year is one of the UK’s Leading youth and education charities and the only coordinated opportunity for full time volunteering within English schools.
City Year is special because we believe young people can change the world.
City Year recruits talented and passionate young people that are driven to make a difference. We then harness that passion to act as a catalyst to transform the lives of children and the young people themselves.
Young people that join City Year dedicate a year to volunteering full time in schools as tutors, mentors and role models.
City Year is the only youth movement that delivers a combination of breakfast club provision, one-to-one tutoring support, enforcement of school behaviour policies and fun after-school clubs – all rolled into one.
City Year is different because we strive to achieve a ‘double-impact’. We aim to have a transformative effect on the lives of the children that we work with, but also the lives of the volunteers that serve with us.
We are committed to developing the skills and confidence of the young people that join us. All of our volunteers benefit from our Leadership After City Year development programme. This includes more than 300 hours of professional training and support across the year and the opportunity to carry out work shadowing days with our corporate sponsors.
Volunteering with City Year is not an easy option. A year of service in a school is hard work and can be tiring – but the rewards are immense!
If you want to change the world, then we are interested in you. You must be:
- Between the ages of 18-25 upon the commencement of volunteering;
- Have the passion, commitment and emotional maturity to be an inspiring role model for children and an impressive ambassador for young people;
- Eligible to live and work in the EU for eleven months (late August 2013 until late July 2014) and dedicated to volunteering full time with City Year;
- Intending to live in London or Birmingham during your year of citizen service;
- Completed or in the process of completing any of the following: Level 3 qualifications such as A Level, Access courses, BTEC National Diploma/Certificate, NVQ Level 3, Higher – National Certificate(HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), International Baccalaureate Diploma or an undergraduate degree.
For more information or to apply please visit: http://www.cityyear.org.uk/index.php/join-us and e-mail your CVs as well as application forms (found on the website above), to BirminghamRecruitment@cityyear.org.uk by 5 July if you would like to interview with them on Wednesday 10 July.